Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Death and a Baby

Hola familia!

Another transfer, another companion, same area! And here is the kicker, I AM TRAINING!! I guess since Sister Richardson died with me (NYC missionary lingo for the end of a mission), I now get to get to have a baby!! (NYC missionary lingo for getting a companion who is brand new to the mission)  I couldn't be more excited!  Sister Richardson accused me of nesting... I was totally cleaning like a madwoman and making this place look awesome for my baby... I'm just so excited!  I have actually known about it for over 2 weeks now, but President asked me to keep it secret.  That was the worst.  Sister Richardson on the other hand, has known about it for about 7 weeks now- President told her she was being sent down here to prep me to train…. Man, she is good.  I had no idea that was what was going on.  Haha.  Either way, I definitely feel more ready to train!  I AM SO EXCITED!! All I know about my baby is that she is from Mexico!  So she is fluent! BOOYA.  I am so excited for her to teach me real spanish.  I don't know anything else about her... She could speak english, she could not, I don't even know if she brought a coat with her from Mexico... But I hope she did, because the weather is terrible here.  Today transfers have been "postponed until further notice" due to the weather.  I could hear what I thought was rain all night long on the ceiling (it was super loud), but when we woke up this morning, there was about a foot more of snow! Part of me is convinced it was snowing ice because typically you can't hear it snowing... haha. Either way, I am ready for the snow to clear up, and the weather to get warm again.  Hopefully by the end of this next cycle it will be more warm.


Here is the other kicker to this transfers, HALF of my district is leaving!  Let's be honest, I have completely mixed feelings about all of this.  I am soooo sad to see them all go.  Elder Gamble and Elder Stephens are going to Stamford (they are going to be roommates.. hahahaha.  Oh goodness.  That is going to be hilarious!), Sister Richardson is going home, and Elder Wilkins is going to Harlem!  I am so excited for all of them.  Our district has practically stayed the same for 3 cycles now, so we have definitely become suuuper close.  BUT I am suuuper excited for new people!  We are going to have three Mexicans just in our district... President must have wanted to send in some real Spanish speakers to help us clean up our Dominican accents (I have got a pretty terrible Dominican accent...  Oh man I love it!)

Sister Richardson and I have definitely tried to finish out her mission strong.  We have been working very hard, and are still seeing the fruits of our labors.  Yesterday, we had 5 lessons, which is more than we have had in one day EVER!  It was the perfect way to end her mission.  Plus, our very last lesson was with Dori, so it really couldn't have ended on a better note!  Dorivee is progressing so much that she is able to take the temple prep class in two weeks!! I could not be more excited for her.  It is amazing to me to see the direct results of her making small changes in her life.  Her mother has been a member for over 30 years, but her father never joined the church.  This past week, out of the blue, her father decided to go to church!! He was participating and asking questions, and came out with a whole list of things he wants to learn!! I just started tearing up when Dorivee told us this.  What a miracle! There really is an infinite amount of blessings that our loving Heavenly Father will pour out upon us as we are obedient!  I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to hear her testimony every time I see her, and then to watch as the miracles just keep pouring in and pouring in.  She is AMAZING.

Luis was confirmed this week!! We are hoping that within the next week he can receive the Priesthood and go to the temple.  He is such a strong member already!  I know he is going to stay in the gospel, and it is just going to continue to bless his life.  I LOVE IT.

I love you all!! I have been blown away by the examples of people here.  It is a testimony to me of how much I am meant to be here with these specific people.  I have learned so much, and have made such amazing friends.  The Church is true, it always has been, and it always will be.

Con muchisisisisimo amor,
Hermana Dodson

P.S. My baby is so cute! Due to the weather, the only transfers that happened were to place the new missionaries in their areas.  Sister Ramirez speaks English pretty well, AND has a coat. I'm pumped! She is so cute and sweet :)  SHE IS AWESOME! And she has to put up with me.  Poor girl!  The second pic says it all.  Hahaha…..her face. I'm so excited!



Wearing my awesome Avenger leggings that Mom sent!  I didn't flash anybody on purpose… Haha (but I did wish I could show them off). But it was suuuper slushy that day so I had to keep hiking up my skirt to jump in the puddles.  Everyone was super jealous of them. THANK YOU! I am in love with them!


No comments:

Post a Comment