Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fall in NYC

Hola I'm familia!

Surprisingly, it is already the last week of the cycle! Time has gone by way too fast. Fall is here already, and this week the leaves started to change colors!! It is gorgeous and gives me motivation to paint all day... I will have to just save some mental images for some time in the future... Haha.

This week we were able to teach Miracle Miguel again, and he is still just so prepared.  We taught the Restoration and testified of a living prophet and Book of Mormon. The Spirit was so strong throughout the lesson, and especially as we knelt  for the closing prayer. We invited him to say the closing prayer, and you could tell that he felt like he was talking to Heavenly Father. He is so humble and we love helping him find greater peace and happiness in his life.

Yesterday we went to visit a less active, and on the way in, we passed a young girl on her porch.  We decided if she was out after our appointment we would go stop and talk to her. Heavenly Father loves us, and when we returned she was still there! We stopped to talk to her, and are now teaching Yemeleth! She is ADORABLE.  When we got back in the car, I just wanted to cry--she reminded me so much of Jasmin and Wendi. Those girls have a HUGE chunk of my heart : )  Yemeleth is 16 and just moved to the Unites States from Guatemala. She loves God, and told us she is ready for church. Last Sunday was the first time she had gone to a church in 5 months, and she was so happy to talk to us about Jesus.  I love her already.

Here is a gorgeous rainbow on Ferris!
If there is one thing I wish I could explain better in words, it would be the love that I have learned to feel here. The love of God is pure and perfect, and there is nothing so attaching as when you feel it for somebody else.  I feel like I am always saying how everybody is so great, or how much I love them, and as cliche as it may seem, it is absolutely true! God has opened up my heart and allowed me this opportunity to serve and come to see everybody as His children. When we finally can feel that love openly, we really begin to want to share His gospel, and see people for their true potential.  Dang, I just imagine so many people looking sooo good in white!

I love you all, HAVE AN INCREDIBLE GENERAL CONFERENCE WEEKEND! Share something you loved or learned with your family, or with someone who may need the gospel more in their life.

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Dodson

No comments:

Post a Comment