Saturday, November 15, 2014

Hanging out in the Bronx

Hola Mi familia!

This week was one of the fastest weeks in my whole mission! I am amazed at how time is still flying. This was made even more obvious to me on Monday when I found out my home girl Madi goes home next week. WHAAAAT.

This weekend was stake conference and it was held in the BRONX! I got to go back to my baby area and see all my friends Saturday AND Sunday! In addition to seeing all my favorite members from the Concourse Ward, I also got to see my missionary friends (who are almost all serving in the Bronx... Haha.) Highlights included: seeing Diosfer, the Perez family (a family of four little sassy girls, whose mom got baptized the same day as Luis), Neisy, Alicia (an INCREDIBLE young woman who used to go out with us), Elder Shurtleff, Elder Hunt, Sister Vicino, Sister Maw, Sister Amorim, and a few other members I love. Sadly I didn't get a chance to see tons of members because I didn't have much time to chat, but it made me feel like a million bucks to give big hugs and besos to those who became my family at the beginning of my mission (except no big hugs and besos to the elders ;)).

We were goofing off with the kids before a lesson


Conference was really incredible and the Spirit was strong as our members testified about the power of family history work and missionary work! President Morgan spoke on Sunday and passed on some advice Elder Perry gave him when they had a recent training: after every Church meeting we go to, we can never be the same.  We are receiving revelation every time we meet with the missionaries, we go to church, or feel the Spirit in general. We must always continue progressing with the sacred instruction we receive every week. I LOVE this point. I feel influence of the Spirit In my life every single day, and I know that I have to keep going. I can never be the same as I was the day before.

Yesterday I went on a split to the English Ward with Sister Randell. It was my first time in an English area, and it felt really strange. We had tons of fun and were able to be used as God's instruments to be part of a HUGE miracle. Sister Randell and I went to go help an elderly member move furniture in her apartment so it could be painted. Upon arriving, I discovered she was a bit of a hoarder, and it took us a lot longer than expected to move things around. This made us about 45 minutes late to our next appointment with an amazing active sister. Upon arriving, the sister was being a little slow, but she has type I diabetes and told us her blood sugar had been a little low that day. We asked if she wanted any food or anything, but she said she was fine. Within the next ten minutes, she started acting really strange and was not in an okay state of mind. She said she needed to rest, and not really knowing what to do, we sent her to bed.  Sister Randell then called a member who is really close with the sister, who told us we had done the complete opposite of what she needed, and that we needed to get her out of bed immediately and get sugar in her system. With a jar of jelly, lots of prayers, and help from her friend, we were able to get her sugar levels regular and she snapped back into her normal self. It was a testimony to me of God's timing. Had we been on time to the appointment, we would have left before she started having this diabetic episode.  In addition, the member we called just so happened to be in Grand Central Station, waiting for his train to arrive. If we had waited a few minutes to call him, he would have been uncontactable. God has perfect timing and knows exactly what we need when we need it. He is conscience of all of His children and I am so grateful to get to be His servant and be His hands here on earth.

The work is being hastened and it is progressing every day. I am grateful for all your prayers and support and I definitely feel them.

Love you lots,
Hermana Dodson


P.s. Please keep in your prayers Dorivee, who is having some more cancer complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment