Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Funeral and Becoming a Missionary

Hola, amigos!

This is Sammi, Sadie's older sister and bestest bud.  I am going to be updating this blog weekly (fingers crossed!!) with her emails, so get excited!

Sadie's "funeral" as we like to call it, took place on Sunday, August 18.  She gave a wonderful talk, and we are so appreciative to everyone who came to support her.  The other day I was going through some notes that I had her friends write for her, and I got a little overwhelmed as I realized how many people LOVE her.  Thank you to all of you--you truly have been a positive influence in her life.

“A missionary is someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others can be with their families for eternity.”  I feel so grateful to be able to serve a mission.  I know that it is the Lord’s work on earth."

The cute blanket the chums made for her!
No, they don't take normal pictures...






Our beautiful Great-Grandma Pete. 
All the grandparents!



She requested Chili's for her last meal, so we went there before her setting apart.  President Woahn set Sadie apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Monday night.  The setting apart was really wonderful, and we know that she will be blessed and protected as she goes about doing the Lord's work.  



Liv promised not to kiss any boys until Sadie gets back!
Dad and his old tag :)
Ceremonial handing off of the phone!
The book I made for Sadie. Thanks to everyone who contributed!


No comments:

Post a Comment