Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Protected by Angels

Hola mi familia!!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter week because I definitely did. It was a crazy one, but was great.

Last week in Relief Society the missionary dinner calendar was passed around but only a couple people signed up.  One of the members of the presidency got up and said really sweet things about not wanting us missionary to starve, and next thing you know, we were fed every single day last week!  We even got fed twice one day!! It was such a blessing and I am truly grateful that people are willing to share a little something with us.  We have definitely been working out a little harder this week too... Haha.


Found a Boston Market! Yumm.
On Monday we had an AMAZING conference with President Morgan.  We are so spoiled to have such an inspired leader like him.  He talked to us about focused faith generates power.  It was so inspiring.  We talked about how power in God changes destiny and as we put faith in God's capabilities and not our own, our work becomes His work, and together we find success.  I have seen that I have had a loss of faith in being bold and and that I look at the small picture not the big one. Instead of seeing an investigator with the goal of baptism and with the goal of the temple marriage and the Celestial Kingdom, I find myself focusing on going in and having a good lesson.  Having faith that they will be home or something.  For the rest of the day Monday and Tuesday I really tried to focus on that and I could really see more fruits of my faith.  We had a really good day yesterday where we were really able to teach with power.  Sometimes I chicken out on boldly calling people to repentance or boldly inviting to baptism and stuff like that.  Yesterday I really prayed to be bold and put all my faith in God's capabilities.  As I trust that His words will come out, I felt comfortable being bold.  We were able to teach some really powerful lessons.  People are really going to start progressing here. I can feel it.  BOOYA.

Later Monday night we really had a trial of our faith! You would think that the sketchy stuff would take a break upstate, but I am kind of in the ghetto still... Haha.  At about 8:30 we headed to the super ghetto part of Norwalk to do some less-active lookups, but we had no luck. Anyways, so we head back to the car.  This white mid-size SUV comes and pulls up behind our car, which we thought was a little strange, but also parking is hard to find there, so we weren't that weirded out.  We get in the car and immediately after we pull out, this white car follows right behind.  We started to take a different road to make a weird u-turn, and he follows.  We definitely thought it was strange, but we were headed towards a big road so figured maybe this guy was just heading to the same road.  But he kept following us.  We got on the main road, then had to switch lanes super quick to be able to turn where we needed to turn.  Immediately he followed right behind.  And what was even stranger was that he wasn't sneakily following a few yards or so behind us, but he was tailgating us like crazy.  We started to take back roads and at one point lost him, so we figured maybe he wasn't following.  We turned up a street and he had gone straight.  I look back about five seconds later and see that he had already flipped a u-y and was halfway through the interesection.  He stopped, backed up, and then turned up our street and next thing we know was right behind us again.  After about 10 minutes of this, we decided to take a few more strange roads and if he still followed, we would call the elders or maybe the cops.  We turned into a one-way neighborhood and he continued to go straight.  But at this point we called the elders and told them what was going down.  As we came out of the neighborhood, he had turned and must have been waiting for us at the exit because once again he was right on our tail.  The elders told us to just keep taking windy roads and we would meet up at their apartment.  We took a long time getting to the elder's apartment, but the whole time he was still right there.  We decided at this point to say a prayer.  I definitely wasn't freaking out, but my heart was definitely pounding.  Luckily we had filled up on gas that morning, so I knew we could go miles, but even still it's not a good feeling having somebody who saw you walking try to follow you home.  The moment I bowed my head and said "Nuestro Padre Celestial", my heart calmed down.  I felt at peace and was able to pray for the help of our God and that He would send angels to protect us. After the prayer we felt more at ease.  After about 10 more minutes we passed through an intersection by the elder's house and then approached another one. The car stopped about 30 or so feet behind us.  We then turned, and he continued on straight.  It was the most random thing.  We didn't lose him, he just left.  At this point he had followed us for a good 25 minutes.  We took crazy roads for about 5 more minutes with no sign of him and then arrived at the elder's pad.  We probably should have called the cops, but we definitely had more faith in the power of God than the power of man... Hahaha.  We said a prayer together, then took some things off our car that made it a bit more conspicuous, and headed on home.  Definitely The Lord protects us as we do His work. And as we really put faith in Him and His plan for us, we see Him guiding us. I  know angels are here on the earth and they protect us.

I love this gospel and know it's true!! I feel the power of it everyday.  I know as we pray for guidance and peace, The Lord will send it.

Love you all,

Sister Dodson

No comments:

Post a Comment