Friday, December 5, 2014

Final Transfer (we think...)!

Hola mi familia!

This has been probably one of the most eventful weeks I've had in a long time! We had a ton of awesome lessons and moments.  Also today is transfers! BIG NEWS. I’M GOING TO WASHINGTON HEIGHTS!!! Heavenly Father is so good to me. He definitely knows my heart. I will come home singing like a Dominican. 

In other news, goodbyes are the worst, and I love the White Plains Branch. 

Along with being transferred to the Heights, I have been called as Sister training leader!  I am excited, and have had a ton of good example to look to as leaders. But here is other big news that comes with my area. So usually STLs come in pairs, as in both sisters on a companionship are STLs. In my case, I am being put down in a solo STL area.  This means that I will be the only sister training leader, which means that instead of having a companion to teach me the STL ropes, I am doing it completely on my own. It is a little nerve wracking, but exciting.  Also I am being put in a trio, I am super excited for that. My companions will be sister Hall, who was my roommate in white plains.. I love her!!! That will be AWESOME! My other companion has been out 2 cycles and her name is Sister Smart.  I’m excited to work with them : )


We had a couple big miracles happen this past week. The first has to do with our investigator M. I think I mentioned last week how we had an awesome lesson about prayer with her. On Thursday we went to go teach her and follow up.  We asked her if she had been praying, and she said she had!  When we asked how they were going, she told us that in those three days everything had been better. Usually in the mornings she has no desire to get up, much less to get her kids off to school or anything. Since she has started praying, she wakes up excited and happy to see her kids. In addition, she has been having struggles with her husband, but she had the urge to get up and make him coffee! I know prayer changes hearts and spirits. How incredible is that?!

It was sad to say Goodbye to the people I love from the White Plains Branch! 

On Friday, the Church is going to blow up with the new CHRISTmas initiative, He Is the Gift.  This is an incredible new video that exemplified Jesus Christ as the sacred gift of CHRISTmas, whom our Father gave out of love. Social media is going to go huge, billboards will be put up in Times Square (I live in the best mission ever!!!), and on Dec. 7, the YouTube home page will feature a 30 second long clip of this new incredible video. In addition, everybody who receives the December Ensign will be given a booklet containing pass along cards with the He is the Gift initiative. This video is AMAZING and I know this project came by inspiration. Watch it! Love it! Share it! I feel the Spirit so strongly as I view it. Jesus Christ is love, and this is the time to celebrate the marvelous gift that He is. For more information, check out CHRISTmas.mormon.org

Love you all,

Hermana Dodson

No comments:

Post a Comment