Thursday, January 8, 2015

Last Cycle!

Hola mi familia!

Once again, another transfers has passed by WAY too quickly! It is hard to believe that I only have six weeks left! Sister Hall and I are staying (!!!) but we are losing Sister Smart to South Manhattan : ( I love that girl and am going to miss her! We had way too many laughs together and she is an incredible teacher and friend.


We had an awesome busy week! Guarina is progressing really well. We taught her about tithing last week and she said that she already tried to pay the bishop but he said she had to wait until next week.  She already had an envelope with money in it before we even taught her! She is so prepared, it is insane.


At church on Sunday we had a really powerful testimony meeting. It is incredible to feel the Spirit that Fast and Testimony Sunday's bring. I think I look forward to it the most. A testimony is a source of power and is just a verbal expression of how we live. I love seeing people gain their own. I know that as people keep strengthening their testimony, that any problem, whether in or out of a church setting, can be resolved and overcome because of faith in Christ.

Christmas breakfast
I worked on setting New Year's resolutions this week! We are focusing on this topic as a mission and it is fabulous. It is such a great way to apply the Atonement in our lives. Truly through the Aonement and through Christ we can change and become better people. He allows us to let go of the past and move on. I know that He makes us better than we could ever become on our own. I am so grateful for repentance and for my Savior.

Here are a couple funny stories from the week! The first is actually from Christmas, but I forgot to send it home last week. For Christmas I got these awesome printed socks with bacon and eggs on them.  After I'd been wearing them all day inside my boots, Sister Hall and I convinced Sister Smart that they were scratch and sniff socks. She was hesitant at first, but then came over, scratched my foot, and smelled it!  Hahahaha. Definitely smelly, just not like bacon and eggs! Hahaha. (I am going to miss her!) 

He is the Gift street contacting
The other happened when I was on a split with the english Sisters. Sister Hall and Smart met up with a member who was asking who I was and where I went. Her husband couldn't remember my name or who I was, and so the member says, "it's the one who always does her hair in a bun!”  And then she asked my companions if I don't like to do my hair… Hahahahaha. I guess I should pick a new hairstyle... Knot on top is not winning the crowds!

Birthday burgers
I love being a missionary and cannot believe it is coming to an end! Things are going to get crazy here as we push harder and harder and find more and more people the Lord has prepared.

Love you all,

Hermana Dodson

No comments:

Post a Comment