Friday, July 11, 2014

6/21-6/26

Hola mi familia!

We have had kind of a crazy week! I think I start all my emails home with that phrase, but only because it is true. Haha. There is nothing in the world like mission life.

Last week, Hermana Dodson had the privilege of attending the Temple with Dorivee (who she helped re-activate in the Bronx) and Dorivee's mom.  The Temple workers were her Grandma & Grandpa!  Afterward, they all enjoyed dinner at their apartment.
We are still working with a ton of people, and are finding even more! We went and did a less active lookup, and after no success did a little tracting and street contacting. As we were walking to the car, we stopped and talked to a family getting in their car. There we met Jose. You could see such a light in his eyes, like he was truly needing to hear our message. We got his information and are working on setting a time to meet with him again. After we got in the car, I turned to Sister Vicino and declared that he will be baptized and that he looks pretty good in white. She just looked at me like as I was crazy. Haha. But really, it is incredible to feel God's love for others, and when you find the ones that He has been preparing for you, it is a really special feeling. You can recognize them as the Spirit testifies that you have been sent to them. I'm excited to teach Jose and his family!!

Hermana Dodson and Vincino
*Missionary tip: ALWAYS use the World Cup as a street contacting technique. *example: (as translated into English)
"Hey! Do you guys happen to know the scores from today's games?"
"Of course! How do you know Spanish?"
"I'm a missionary for my church!"

And then boom, they're the newest members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!


We've caught a few bumps with Wendi, Jasmin, and Sandra, but are working hard to overcome them and help them really understand the truth of the Restoration of the fullness of the truth.

An AMAZING miracle this week came in the form of Ana. She is our 16-year-old fabulous investigator who has been through so much and has been so prepared by God. She was baptized back in Honduras in another church, and when we first met her, she made sure that that point was clear--she had already been baptized. This Sunday she came to church for the first time! It just so happened that the topic in Gospel Principles class was baptism, and especially baptism by proper authority. We were not able to attend, but she told us that in class she asked if she needed to be rebaptized by someone with the authority from God (!!!).  I know the Spirit touched her heart, and she has now accepted baptism! We are thrilled to see this AMAZING young woman come unto Christ. Her life in general has been full of heartache and hard times, and she is so ready for the message of the Restored Gospel and to feel the love of God more fully in her life. I love her so much.

Jasmin wants to be like Hermana Dodson when she "grows a foot or two"
I had a pretty good spanish slip up this week...  On Sunday we went to dinner with one of my favorite members, Isabel. She lives here with her son, Angel, who is 7.  She is super cute. She said something at dinner about her oldest son, and I was super confused since I didn't know she had other kids. I asked her "Cuantos hijos tine?" (How many kids do you have?) She answered 5. In my shocked state I replied "Usted tiene 5 ojos??!!?" Translation: You have 5 eyes??!!? We were rolling laughing. It was so good.

Love you all. I know the church is true and that God loves us and knows us each personally.

Love,
Hermana Dodson

P.s. YANKEES GAME TODAY!!!!!! I am FREAAAAAKIN OUT!

P.p.s. Don't worry mom, I got loads of sunscreen. And a hat. Haha.

Mission P-Day at the Yankees Game! (About 250 Elders & Sisters enjoying America's Favorite Pastime.)

No comments:

Post a Comment