Monday, July 28, 2014

Transfer to Scarsdale, NY!

Hola mi familia!!

This has been a super exciting and thrilling week! I have officially been transferred to Scarsdale, NY!  Back to New York!  BOOYA.  I have been sent to the area close to President, so that either means I am one of his favorites or he needs to keep a close eye on me... Haha.  But here is the real kick in the pants about this transfer:  MY COMPANION IS SISTER SYD JENSEN!!!!  I am so excited to be with Hermana Jensen! It is so fantastic to have been trek sisters (5 years ago?? Holy cow that was fast...), to companion sisters! (Real cheesy line there, I know.  So sue me.)  It is definitley going to be a fun cycle as I kill her.  Haha. (The new missionaries are called "babies" and the missionaries going home are "dying".  Bro. & Sis. Jensen in our home stake will welcome Hermana Jensen home in September.)

Back in Norwalk...
Last Saturday we had the baptism of Christina and Adrian!  It was an incredible experience for all of us to be able to share with them.  I felt the Spirit so strongly as Christina, after investigating for a year and a half entered into the waters of baptism.  The baptism was super tiny (10 missionaries plus the ward mission leader, her husband, brother, mom, and kids) but incredible.  It was very tight knit and you could feel the love that we all had for her.  She was so ready and I feel blessed to be a part of it.  Her mom, Sylvia was baptized in February and we are now working on getting the two of them to the temple as soon as possible!  Adrian recently turned 8, so that was exciting that he could also be baptized.  The best part of this story was after the baptism!  On Tuesday we went over to say goodbyes and teach a lesson.  Christina was a completely changed person.  She was so patient and loving and spoke to her sons in such a different loving way.  It really almost made me cry to see.  Families who really understand their potential to be eternal, and especially when accompanied by the Holy Ghost, have the ability to have a successful, happy life in the home together.  I LOVE IT.

From the baptism last week before she got transferred
Also on Tuesday we were leaving Wendi and Jasmin's house and saw a man taking out his garbage.  We decided to talk to him and see how he was doing.  I asked him if it was garbage day... Can you say awkward beginning line?? Haha.  Anyway, we chatted about the Church and Christ and gave Elvin our card.  He then asked me where I was from.  I told him Utah.  He asked me if I knew somebody he knew there.  Nope.  Apparently this person he knew was a missionary in Guatemala where Elvin met him!!  We asked if he had been to the Church or taken the lessons and he said yes!  Sister Vicino started talking to him a little about the Church and then I felt really impressed that we should ask him if he has been baptized.  I asked, and to our surprise he said YES!  We had just found another mysteriously missing less-active!! BOOYA for the Spirit.  I love it.

It was really hard to leave Stamford but I am so grateful for all the work and everything that happened there.  It was incredible and I truly love those people.  They changed my life and taught me how to be a dedicated member of the Church.

Love you all,
Sister Dodson

No comments:

Post a Comment