Thursday, October 24, 2013

The World Will Know!

Hola family!!!

This week was insane! Yesterday we had an amazing zone conference.  I was able to see Hermana Livingston and see her play the violin.  She truly is TALENTED.  She started out by playing Amazing Grace, one of my favorite hymns that we played and sung all the time in the MTC, and I totally started tearing up.  I was like, What the Heck??  But it was beautiful.  I am so blessed to know her.

Hermana Dodson and Hermana Lancaster
Anyway, zone conference ended with a bang.  It was announced yesterday that we are now online proselyting missionaries! This means that now I will be preaching the gospel on Facebook, Mormon.org, and my blog!  Essentially I will be taking my blog over in a few weeks.  So if you see me on Facebook, don't get freaked out.  Haha.  But this is truly a blessing.  We talked about how the prophesy that the Gospel will go to the whole earth is now coming true, as we are using the internet to reach literally every person on this planet.  It is a miracle to be able to use the internet for it's true purpose: proclaiming Salvation through our Lord, Jesus Christ!
There have been missionaries in my mission using the internet as trial runs now, one of which is a convert.  He has been able to share the gospel with his family through Facebook, and a couple days ago was ago to Skype his family, along with other missionaries, and teach them about the Restoration.  I was so touched by this story.  He is having the opportunity to teach the most important people he will ever teach as a set-apart missionary.  This work is glorious, and I feel so blessed to be able to be a part of it!

Anyway, as part of this announcement, every missionary will receive an Ipad and each companionship will receive Iphones in the next few weeks!  YESSS.  We have been using members ipads to share videos, etc. for a while, and it is amazing to be able to use technology to bring the gospel to the world.

I am so THRILLED by Nani and Papa's decision to serve another mission at the age of 79!! I could not be more proud and humbled to have their example in my life.

Another thing you might love, if you haven't seen it yet, the missionaries in South Man Zone all got together and did a chalk drawing of the Plan of Salvation in Union Square!  They literally walked people through the Plan!  There is a video on KSL, and it is all over Facebook.  Pictures are also on a the blog reachmygospel.blogspot.com.  I feel so honored to have these brilliant people in my mission!  My district is now talking about doing this at Yankee Stadium.  Too bad baseball season is over!  


Another great thing, we are moving apartments, and we are moving next to a GYM!! I am so excited.  I don't think I have gained much weight, since we are lucky to get one dinner appointment a week, but I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to just be more healthy!  I can't wait to get back to the gym.  Bet you never thought I would say that, did you? Haha.  

I have learned so much about the Character of Heavenly Father by reading "Jesus the Christ".  It's funny, but I feel like as I have started to read that book, I have learned more about the Father than our Savior so far... Haha.  But I know our Father loves us.  I literally see this everyday.  He fills me with love for others as I have the opportunities to share the gospel.

A typical day includes waking up sooo early, get ready, study, language study, eating lunch, roaming our area hoping somebody is home until about 6.  Sometimes we have planned lessons, but a lot of times it is just easier to go knock on someone's door.  People are so busy here.  Although now we will be on Facebook in the afternoons during our non-busy time.

From P-day last week. Museum visiting!
We are going to the temple today.  I AM SO EXCITED!!! 
Love you guys sooo much, and I miss you like crazy!!


Love,
Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment