Wednesday, October 2, 2013

On Her Way

Sadie left the Mexico City CCM yesterday and flew to New York!!
Our family had the privilege of talking to her on the phone for a few minutes.  Emmy even insisted on being checked out of school, so she could enjoy a few minutes asking Sadie about the soccer skills she acquired in the CCM. ;)  Hermana Dodson sounded great!  She was so grateful to be back in the United States of America--a land that she loves!  She was also thrilled to eat fried chicken in the Airport.  I thought it would have been a bacon cheeseburger!  She was very anxious to get to New York and begin preaching the gospel.  She came to really love the elders and sisters from her district.  She was pretty tender as she told us how the Elders had given them Priesthood blessings their last night together, before they each flew out the next day for their respective areas of service.  We feel especially grateful for Hermana Livingston, Sadie's companion.  When we dropped her at the airport on August 20th, she was all alone.  Thankfully she found Emily Livingston and as Sadie said, "they basically stuck together"….  From those first plane rides and through the CCM, she's been a good friend and companion during these 6 weeks.  They are serving in the same mission and I'm sure each time they see each other will be wonderful!

Sadie only had a few minutes on the computer this week.  Here's what she wrote:

I currently have no updates for the blog…..But I love you guys and miss you and am so excited to finally get to New York.  Syd (Sister Syd Jensen from PG, who is serving in NY, NY) emailed me and gave me a rundown of how things are going to be when we get there and it definitely helped! I love that girl to pieces and hope I get to see her! She is currently upstate, so if I go up there, then yippee!! If not, then I will just have to wait a few months.  Haha. 

The Hermanas! I miss them tons.
Companeras! Hermana Livingston is AMAZING.
GIANT MOTH.  IT was our class pet.
Funny story.  My bag broke.  Also here is a funny story you can put on the blog if you want.  As the mom here, I am in charge of providing the Tide to go pen to all the Elders.  When I get to New York I seriously am going to ship them all one of the pens.  Because they use it 20x's more often than I do.  Anyways, one of the Elders in my district had a stain on his sleeve and he couldn't quite reach it with his own arm.  So I grabbed his arm and started applying and scrubbing.  Unbeknownst to me, President Pratt was sitting eating lunch right behind me.  I turn around to hear Hermana Livingston saying something to the effect of: "Oh, he had a stain.  Those Tide pens work great!!"  Apparently President Pratt was giving me the stink eye... I guess technically grabbing an arm, scrubbing it, and scrubbing a spot on the chest of an Elder is not exactly a firm handshake either... Hahaha.  At least I got on the President's bad side three days before I left.  Haha.

Elder Christensen and Hart- awkward lunge.  YESSS.
Other Elders in our zone: The one looks like Mario Lopez, and gets mad when I call him Elder Mario.  Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment